View Full Size
Wellwood General Store, ca1910
Located at 1141 Main St. and built in 1840 by local merchant Walter A. Loomis. Has served the community continuously as a general store, stage & trolley shop, grocery, meat & grain market and antiques center. The Wellwood family owned it from 1905-1962.Send comments or info about this photo
Photo Credit: Photos by Charles G. Coombs & Julian Beville, circa late 1800's early 1900's. Donated to the Town of Coventry by John Welles Brainard.