Inland Wetlands Agency
Materials and information pertaining to pending land use applications with either the Planning and Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands Agency, or Zoning Board of Appeals will be posted on the Town website at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Once Per Month
- 4th Wednesday - January through October
- 3rd Wednesday - November and December
- Town Hall Annex
- Start Time: 7:00 P.M.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The agency consists of five full members and two alternates serving staggered three year terms.
Purpose of the Agency
The purpose of this agency is to enforce the existing Coventry regulations adopted by its predecessor agency in conformity with the regulations promulgated by the Commissioner of Environmental Protection pursuant to 22a-39 of the CT General Statutes. These statutes are necessary to protect the wetlands and water courses within the territorial limits of the Town of Coventry and shall have all powers granted by Chapter 440 of the Connecticut General Statutes to amend, modify, enforce, and promulgate new regulations as said agency deems necessary to protect the wetlands and water courses within the Town of Coventry.
- Link to our online permitting module - Viewpoint
- Town of Coventry Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations (6/26/19)
- IWA Permit Thresholds (4/29/20)
- Stormwater Mitigation Feature Inspection Report (noted as a condition on some wetland approvals)